Friday, February 27, 2009

Manny being Moron


Thank you Los Angeles. At one point Manny was my favorite player. Despite all his shenanigans I loved him. Added a little character to the dog days of summer, but after seeing what has been going on with contract negotiations doesn’t make me miss him at all. I think Jason Bay was an incredible pickup for the team now with seeing all this go on. I was one of the first to complain when Manny left town, and couldn’t stand the things that were being said about him. I thought for sure after hearing the Dodgers offered him a 2-year deal worth $45 million that he’d be back in Blue. I dam near crapped my pants when I saw that the offer was rejected. Who knows maybe it’s Manny or maybe Boras is Instructing him on what to do, but for a guy who has all the money in the world, and in essence is being offered exactly what he wants at least for one year. God for bid he has to perform and if he doesn’t he can fall back on another $20 million, it’s up to him. Los Angeles should be expected to pony up so much money for a player that gave up on a team that he played 8 Hall of fame years for and where he was absolutely adored by the Fans. He should have noted what happened to Varitek, didn’t he see that Boras negotiated him a contract that over the next two years won’t be worth what he would have got in Arbitration. http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke-lakers27-2009feb27,0,402501.column

No comments:

Post a Comment