Friday, December 12, 2008

Got to love New England



Well I thought today was going to be a fairly decent busy day at work, but boy was I wrong. At this moment I'm sitting at work with nothing to do. We're in a State of emergency with an unexpected Ice Storm that we had last night. Let me tell you, if this is something you never have experienced you not missing out on anything. Much worse then snow, it collects on all the trees and power lines and usually wreaks havoc on anything it collects to. I woke up around 4:30 am this morning to the sound of a HUGE pine tree going down just outside my bedroom window. By the sound of it didn't quite come down the whole way, so I laid awake in bed for the next few hours wondering if it was going to crash through my house or not. When I woke up at 4 with the sound of the falling tree is when I saw that our power had already been taking out.... Fun! Cold shower and trying to get stuff accomplished in the morning in the dark is a real pain. The only Flashlight I have is a hand crank one that can run without batteries, but never seems to put out more then 5 minutes of dim light no matter how long you crank. The way into work was an absolute ghost town. Not even a place to stop for a morning coffee. Oh well guess this is what it is like to rough it. Could be worse I could be at home instead of work with no power at all. At least here I can entertain myself with the Internet for a bit. And they decide to get pizza for everyone that braved it in today, so I guess that's some sort of bonus. They're saying that we could be up to two days without power, Should make for a great weekend. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that the power is back on when I get home, if it's not probably have to find some place to go for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment