Monday, February 16, 2009

N.B.A All-Star Weekend should go


I don't know how many people get excited for the NBA All-Star Weekend, but it has become such a joke. Four people in the Slam Dunk Contest. Two of which nobody could care about, and Nate Robinson is only fun to watch due to how small he is. Come on David Stern step up to the plate and fix this "Weekend". Whatever happen to the days of the Superstars doing this event. You should have to be on the All-Star team to participate. It was fun to see Dwight Howard, but that was about it. The 3 Point Shootout seems to a bunch of stiffs to. I mean Daquan Cook had to score 8 points to win in a shootout. I'm pretty sure that I could do that. You rarely see any of the participants hit the 20 point mark. In my opinion that is weak, you can see better shooting at a High School game. The game it self is a glorified, no defense, look at me extravaganza. Kobe & Shaq winning the MVP together..... Lame. Kobe definetly deserved the award, but to share it with Shaq come on. Could it be cause the game was in Phoenix, or the NBA thought it be fun to see the two former teammates that know supposedly hate each other share the spotlight. I mean if you want to do something like split an award that is suppose to go to the most valuable player (singular notice). Then Chris Paul would have been a better fit to do it with. His 14 Pts, 14 Asst & 3 steals is more impressive the Shaq's 17 Pts, 5 Rebs & 1 Blk as I see it. I know the NBA did this before, but it made a bit more since when it was Stockton & Malone and the game was played in Utah

No comments:

Post a Comment