Monday, December 29, 2008


Finally Christmas has passed... What a relief! I must say that I'm not the biggest fan of the Holiday. It has just seemed to loose lots of its luster that it had from when I was a little kid, and all it seems to do now is just put me into a panic of what I'm going to be getting for other people. As stressful as it can be to buy for your family it always seems 100 times harder buying for your significant other. My girlfriend and I took a slightly different approach at it to help ease the stress a little. We decided that we would go shopping on one of our common days of following Christmas to take advantage of the Sales and get something either for the house that we need or something fun for us to use. After chewing on it for a few days Sunday 12/28 we decide that we're going to get a Nintendo Wii. Being that we were out to Breakfast and in the shopping area that morning we proceeded to go to some stores to get one. First stop Bestbuy: Sold out, second stop Circuit City: Sold out, third stop GameStop: Sold out... Needless to say you can see the pattern that is starting here. After disappointing myself with the thought that I could get a Wii in Stores the Sunday after Christmas I decided to call it a day and go home and watch the Patriots Final game of the season (Thanks Brett Favre). Well watching the game I noticed that a phonebook had been left on the coffee table. I flipped it open and figured I'd try to call a few stores while sitting there. Figured I would just give one of the half dozen Wal-marts that are all within 30 minutes of me a try. First one I called... Big surprise, Sold out. I call the next and Receptionist asks me to hold while she forwards me to electronics. After waiting on hold for about 5 minutes I debate whether or not to hang up since I was more than likely going to hear what I've heard over and over again today. "Electronics, how can I help you” I finally hear from the other end. "Yes do you have any Wii's in Stock" I ask. "Actually I have an unopened one I just took back from a lady whose son received two. If you can hurry down I'll hold it for about a half an hour" I dam near crapped my pants when I heard this. Hoped in my car drove there and had the Wii in hand within the half hour time the clerk set it aside for me. I was pumped. Got it home, created my Avatar and my Girlfriend made hers. We then proceeded to Bowl the night away... Let me tell you that it was well worth the hassle of tracking one down, even though it practically fell in my lap. Be really nice when the Fit comes in. That’s what we were really after, but looks like that will be hard to come by in Stores till May or so... Got to love Ebay though, thanks to that I'll have mine in 10 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment